Monday, July 20, 2015

Pinnacle Day 1 - Wrap-up Post

3-2-1...and thoughts of the new school year are swimming in my brain.  Three buzzwords for the day: personalized learning, playlists, and (crazy) formulas...what an afternoon.  So now, as I think about my future students who will be planning and creating RamTV at Highland, I am thinking of how to personalize that learning experience for them, to meet them where they are as learners, videographers and broadcasters and how to develop the best broadcasts we can.  As I librarian, I have to think about how I can impact student learning through the resources and programming of the library.  I potentially reach over 500 students, and I want the library to be a place that inspires, informs and offers a flexible space for individual learning.  I am thinking of Chromebook stations for research and coding, a gaming area (maybe), and a maker-space.  Wheels are turning!  So, just how I will develop this place at HST is the question I end with today...suggestions from readers/educators are always welcomed!

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment