Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Andragogy? What is it? Should I care?

Well, I am posting again.  Kiser Roaring Readers, if you are reading this, you can either keep reading and learn something new, or you can visit the blog another time.   The post doesn't really have anything to do with you as student readers, but that is okay, you can keep reading if you want.  I just participated in a training session all about andragogy.  It's a big word for how adults learn.  Basically, whenever I have to share technology ideas with our other Kiser teachers, I have keep in mind how adults learn.  Just like students, teachers keep learning, even as adults.  We want to know why we are at a training session, how it will benefit us, and why we should care about it.  Each time I plan professional development for our school, I will keep this in mind.  I don't want to waste anyone's precious time with professional development that isn't purposeful and important.  So,  here's to andragogy...how adults learn.  Something new for this adult learner to keep in mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment